What to Bring for Your Fly Fishing Trip
Here’s a suggested list of items to bring for your Muskegon River fishing trip along with Frequently Asked Questions.
Spring, Summer and Fall Checklist
- Michigan fishing license (for non-residents you can purchase day, three-day and annual licenses)
- 7-8wt rod and reel (we can provide equipment if needed)
- Breathable waders (Spring, Fall and Winter)
- Layers of clothing
- Rain jacket
- Wet wading shorts featuring quick-drying synthetic material; no cotton (ideal for July-September)
- Sun hat, buff and lotion
- Polarized glasses
- Water bottle (we will provide water but not in disposable plastic bottles)
- Water sandals (summer)
- Your own flies if you want to bring them (we will provide flies and tippet)
- Small gear bag for rain jacket, layers of clothing, sun lotion, etc.
Winter Checklist (in addition to above items)
- Warm winter jacket/coat ideally with “wind-stop” exterior
- Fleece pants under waders or rain pants
- Warm hat
- Good attitude!